At this point, most of us should know exactly who Adolf Hitler is, so I won't spend a lot of time explaining. Because of Hitler and the war he caused, six million Jews were killed during the Holocaust and 70 million people died as a result of the world war.
But what don't we know about Hitler? Here are some odd facts that you may not already know about the most infamous man in history.
1. In his youth, Hitler had a crush on a Jewish girl by the name of Stefanie Isak.
He never worked up the courage to say anything to her, which doesn't sound like Hitler. He did have fantasies of kidnapping her or even committing suicide along with her, though, which is very Hitler sounding.
2. Apparently, he farted a lot.
The Fuhrer had extreme gastrointestinal issues and therefore constantly had to let it rip. (Incidentally, if you're looking for a good laugh, Google image search "Hitler farts" and enjoy the results.)
3. To get things going with his lady, Hitler would inject himself with bull semen.
Have a cow, man.
4. Hitler was super-into his niece, Geli Raubal, possibly sexually.
Hitler spent an inordinate amount of time with his niece and it was rumored that their relationship might have been sexual.
5. Hitler had a nephew named William Patrick Hitler, who fought against him as part of the U.S Navy.
6. The grandson of the woman who created Hitler's bunker created Saddam Hussein's bunker.
Boy, that family must be really good at choosing the wrong side of history.
7. There were 42 known assassination attempts on his life.
8. Hitler only had one testicle.
He lost the other during the First World War. Maybe he was trying to compensate by taking over the planet?
9. Hitler was a vegetarian.
He also didn't smoke or drink alcohol. Not saying all straight-edge vegetarians are Nazis, but if you bum me out about my whiskey and steak nights, I'm going to make the comparison.
10. Rumour has it that Hitler had bred an army of talking dogs
A picture dated 1939 shows German nazi Chancellor and dictator Adolf Hitler with his German Shepherd dog
According to Dr. Jan Bondeson, Hitler and his henchman rounded up “educated” dogs with whom they communicated (through tapping paws, barking, and wagging their tails) – and got even one to bark, “Mein Fuhrer!” These dogs were supposed to help win the war (apparently), which makes a bit of sense considering Hitler was heavily attached to his dogs, Blondi and Bella. (The former, he killed before killing himself.)